Friday, November 18, 2011

Good to Great


It was another great week. School and work have completely consumed my life but it is always good when school and work become fun. I have started reading “Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap… and Others Don’t” for my business management class. The class requires us to read a finance book and honestly if it wasn’t for this assignment, I probably would not have read this book. I have enjoyed it so far. There are many good companies in the world but only a few great companies. The book, written by Jim Collins, asks the question; what makes a company great? Thousands of hours of analysis later, he saw that great companies have humble, driven leaders, focus on what they are good at, and use their resources around them for their benefit. There is nothing new to these concepts but often times people forget about the little things. I hope to have a great company one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment